Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shootin' Up!

This past week we learned how to give shots! It's actually way fun. We have injected each other with saline in the deltoid, the abdomen, the fatty part of the back of the arm, the forearm, and the booty! We had pass-offs today so on Tuesday I went to open lab to practice and you only get 30 minutes which isn't nearly enough time. But luckily I was able to convince my wonderful husband to come with me so I could inject him four times! He was quite the trooper. Unfortunately, I forgot our camera every time I was in lab and didn't get any pictures. But these here are from other girls in my section. Hopefully it gives you a sense of what class is like.

These are all the girls in my lab. There's seven of us including myself and we have two instructors. Notice the tannish brown thing towards the front of the bed. Yup, that's a fake toosh.

2 comments:

AO said...

AWESOME! I didn't know the "fake hospital" had fake bumbs! I missed out on that on my top secret tour when I got lost in there! AWESOME! Almost makes me want to go back to school to be a nurse....almost.

kari said...

I loved the fake butt! I couldn't have done this. I have one piece of advice. make sure you can take blood/IV's WELL! Most nurses can't! Your so cute!