Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two thumbs up for FIVE GUYS

Living in Orem/Provo, Utah, you live in the presence of almost 60,000 students between BYU and UVU. You do have some drawbacks, but on the plus side, lots of restaurants are not hard to come by. My wife and I are cold hard white skinned Americans and love a good juicy American Bacon Cheeseburger. When a new restaurant called FIVE GUYS opened up 2 minutes from our house, we had to give it a try. Saturday before Priesthood session (it was quite funny, half of the people in the restaurant were guys dressed in white shirts and ties) we headed over to Five Guys. Two thumbs up from Jeff. Brianne liked ,but she still has her heart set on Fuddruckers (another local burger joint). I really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. The kitchen is open for your viewing pleasure. Great music playing and the portion sizes were well done for the cost. They don't charge extra for any toppings (grilled onions, peppers, etc). The fries are fresh cut daily. Also, being an Idaho boy, it was cool to see that the potatoes that day were from Rexburg, ID. Best of all you can order as many patties as you want. I went for a double but I do feel a contest coming on. Overall I would give the restaurant an A- for the overall visit. If there is one near you, GO!!!!!!

3 comments:

AO said...

I have heard about this place and I think there is one close to my work, but haven't had a chance to go yet. Now, I just may....I was craving a hamburger the other day, but I can't wait to get back out on our grill! Bring on spring barbequing!

Lora said...

You should try to beat our family friends record for one of the restaurants. He did 12 patties in a row....

~The Saxeys

jeffandbrianne said...

Mmmm...Fuddruckers. Definitely.