Sunday, March 29, 2009

THE MONTH THEY CALL MARCH

There is a certain time in life when you fake sick to take work off. There is a certain time in life when those who never gamble enter office pools of money. There is a certain time in life when you stair at the television for 12 straight hours 4 straight days. There is a certain time in life women just don't understand. There is a certain time in life that moves you. That time is March Madness. The final four is close to being set and my bracket not pulling its weight. Every year I love the Cinderella's and pick them too much. I just have to pick upsets, it is an inner drug. I take this time out to solute the madness we all love. My wife growing up with 5 brothers had never experienced the madness (very difficult to believe I know) until I arrived. 2 years in the books and she is still learning why this month takes her husband away and why it is called Madness. 64 games in 65 days in the greatest tournament ever. That is why, my sweetheart. Buzzer beaters, blown calls, and cutting down the nets is what it's all about. The only thing that would add to the enjoyment would be the Cougars actually winning a tournament game, but I will save that one for another day. Next time when you're depressed in February, hold your head up and smile because March is coming. Madness is coming!!!!!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hmmm...I like watching basektball, but I definitely do not watch every game in the tournament. I get sick of the same teams being in there every stinkin' year. BYU needs to win one and Utah State was SO CLOSE this year. It was a bummer. Too bad your happy month is almost over, Jeff. Haha...there's always next year.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post, Jeff! I like basketball, but not quite that much! All I can say is death to North Carolina!!!

Whitney said...

Your Funny! I stopped watching after all my teams got out. I'm sick of the same teams also. It gets really old. I don't even know who's still in. I just wish BYU would have done better!! Are there any teams in besides all the #1 teams?