Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shopping for Christmas

For years growing up I remember on the 24th of December my father would run to to the stores getting all his shopping done on Christmas Eve. You have to give him a little bit of a break. He owned Christmas tree lots. Did he get good gifts? Somehow, someway he always nailed it for me. My favorite father specific gifts consist of shopping sprees, BYU basketball game tickets, baseball bat, pool table, and the best looking ties a young man could ask for. I get a tie every year and I always look forward to it. Add to the great gifts the gift wrapping he would get done and he always did well for himself. I ask the question could anyone else but a man get his entire shopping down in one day? I went the other night and in two hours, my wife's shopping was nearly done. In my shopping I pulled out a piece of paper many times to find sizes and check the list. I did get a few funny look but those never keep a man down. The trick to quick and sucessful shopping is simple, ask them what they want and go get it for them. You don't have to guess for hours and days at a time ending up with the wrong item. That is all it takes for me. I know suprises are nice so set some dollar amount of money for the other person to decide what to get. While shopping I saw and listened to one of the coolest things. A 10 year old kid playing the piano outside of Nordstroms. He wasn't just some cute 10 year old playing okay music. He was good and could play!!! The gifts those little ones have. I salute those who get all their shopping done in one day.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I am impressed your dad wrapped the presents himself. My dad always had Kari and I wrap his. Way to go on getting all your shopping done in one day. That is awesome!

Shelby said...

Haha nice Jeff. Derek does it an even easier way - online. Seriously, little gifts keep coming in the mail and it takes self restraint not to open them. Keep up the good work. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

kari said...

Dad really had something going with that whole Christmas Eve shopping huh? Family memories are so fun to reminisce.

You should start some traditions for your family.

AO said...

Wow.... I TOTALLY remember dad's wrapping presents. Men do tend to shop that way....but Ryan hasn't given me much on his list, nor have I given him much. But, hey Collin's shopping is basically done :) And yes, anyone that can get shopping done in one day is great. Thanks for the memories. Brianne must have given you a good list :)that's always my problem. I have a hard time thinking of things on my list.

Lora said...

Enjoy shopping for each other now, because it seems that after you buy for 3 kids there is nothing left for the 2 of you!!