Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gettin' Back in Shape!

Jeff had his three month postoperative Dr's. appointment yesterday and he is a healthy man. Yay! He was cleared to do anything he wants now (except for tackle football) which means I have a workout partner again! He's had a tough time not being able to workout for three whole months but yesterday he hopped back on the bandwagon and worked me over quite hard.

Also, I just have to add this because I'm feeling like a runner again. Today I ran 2 miles in 14:35! Yesterday I did it in 14:52 and somehow I shaved off 17 more seconds today. I'm setting a goal to be able to do it in 14:00 flat by December 31st. That might be a little too ambitious, but we'll see how it goes...

UPDATE: I did not meet my goal. Nor did I try very hard. I only practiced it once during the whole break and then today I scarfed down two pieces of french toast before going to the gym not even thinking about the fact that today is the 31st. After 45 minutes of weights I realized that today was the day I had to meet my goal. And so I tried anyways. I came close but gave up. I was ahead of pace up until 1.75 miles when I thought my breakfast was going to come up and thus I kicked it down to 5.0 mph for 45 seconds. I finished in 14:23 which is my best time so far but I will keep working at it.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh my goodness Brianne you are so ambitious! Well that'd be too ambitious for me but I see that it's not for you. Excellent job! And yeah that Jeff is cleared!! And yes, Jeff, Linx let Derek leave. Recently Derek but Jeff's number as a recent employer and because he's looking for real jobs now they called him. Jeff called Derek back and told him what a good employee he was. Pheww!!! :) Have a great holiday you two!

Krista said...

Hooray, Jeff! I am glad everything is great. It is always much more fun to work out with someone. I am glad you got your workout partner back, Brianne. :-)

AO said...

That is so great Jeff..... and way to go Brianne....I haven't been running in so long, so I'm sure my mile is like 20 minutes :) I'm so glad you guys can work out together again....HOW nice for Jeff.

kari said...

Brianne- set your expectations high! I think you can BEAT 14:00 minutes, and I will even take you to the gym so you can prove yourself wrong.

Wish Dave would work out with me.:(

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congrats, Jeff! Hey, I need you or Brianne to email me your email address so I can invite you to our blog. jj5deb@yahoo.com.

kari said...

blame it on the french toast. you'll get it. dave and I are going cold turkey tomorrow. Wish us luck.

The P90X workouts are rough!!