Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pre-Christmas Dinner






Yes, this is way late, I know. Jeff and I have been lazy bums over the break and basically did nothing productive until yesterday. And so now we will be getting around to posting all the fun things we've done in the past couple of weeks.

So even though this dinner we had was held the Sunday before Christmas, I still really wanted to post something about it because I made an entire Christmas dinner by myself and I'm kind of proud :) and had to post the pictures. We did it because Nick wasn't going to have anywhere to go on Christmas day and I wanted to do something for him. Although, it turned out that that Nick did have somewhere to go because my in-laws (I have the BEST in the world. Sorry everyone, it's the truth!) insisted that Jeff and I bring him up with us for a few days over Christmas. Amazingly nice!

Anyways, we had the basic Christmas dinner: ham, potatoes and gravy, veggies, homemade rolls, blah, blah, blah and then Nick (yes, Nick) MADE an ice cream cake and I made a pumpkin log for dessert. It was way good and way fun. When there's no pressure, I really do like to cook!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Impressive Brianne! I love pumpkin logs! Mmmm..so good! That was quite the feast.

AO said...

I want to come to your dinner!

kari said...

You are such a woman of many talents

You are disciplined (something about you I covet desperately)

You have great taste in everything

You are a hard-worker

You are extremely thoughtful and patience

and...

You can cook! My girls talk about your amazing "meat" each night I begin the cooking process.

Wish you lived closer. We'd have SO much fun.