Thursday, January 8, 2009

Deciding to MAKE THE TRANSFORMATION

I remember walking through the mall about 10 years ago when I was 15 years old. My friend Devin and I saw a book on the rack at Walden Books. The book was a diet book with various before and after pictures of people who had completed the challenge. This people were extremely out of shape, but their after pictures were too good to believe. We both actually laughed at them. I don't think we believed one photo.
Nothing came of that day in the mall until my freshman year of college. I had a roommate named Carl Young. I mentioned I wanted to get in shape and he told me of the BODY FOR LIFE PROGRAM. Then he showed the book when we got home. It was the same book with all those fake pictures that I had seen back in high school. I had the same reaction saying, "that is impossible dude, I don't believe that". I learned that day that they weren't fake at all. My roommate had done the program and he showed his before and after picture and I couldn't believe it. I was amazed at what a little healthy eating and exercise can do to your body. If any of you have watched the BIGGEST LOSER also, their transformations are unbelievable also. That show proves anyone and I MEAN ANYONE can get in shapel.
The BODY FOR LIFE program is 12 weeks long and consists of 6 small meals a day with 6 intense workouts a week. I did it off my mission for 8 weeks and was in the best shape of my life (hence my wife married me). Well I've been married for 1 and 1/2 years and after growing accustomed to life, stress from school, and brain surgery I am now in the worst shape of my life. You know that time when you look at yourself naked in the mirror and just say,"alright Jeff its time to change, I know that six pack is in there somewhere". Currently I have gained 35 pounds since my marriage and I have had enough. This week I started the BODY FOR LIFE program. I will check back with you after 3 months to tell you the results.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Way to go, Jeff. I can't wait to see your before and after shots. :) I always feel tons better when I am exercising.

AO said...

Good luck Jeff.... can't wait for before and after :)

Whitney said...

Good Luck! Let me know if it's easy to do because I need to change also. I know exactly how you feel!

kari said...

You know you'll do great. You have a wife who supports you in EVERYTHING you do. Plus, you have always been able to do what you put your mind to. I expect greatness. Inpspire others like the people in the book!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see those pictures.

Nate said...

Jeff, I am drooling just thinking about pictures of you with your shirt off.

Waddoups