Thursday, January 15, 2009

BEST VIDEOGAMES EVER

Growing up I remember receiving the original Nintendo for Christmas. Probably was one a young boys dreams. My friends and I enjoyed hours of that toy. Then I got a Sega Genesis, after I moved to a Nintendo 64 and my last rising was Sega's Dreamcast. Don't lie all of us have one time in our lives loved arcade games and Nintendo games. I wanted take some time to give my top game for every system I ever owned.

Nintendo (Original) - Super Mario Brothers 3. You can't get much better than this game. Highlights include warping to the last level, and flying leafs up into the clouds receiving extra lives and tons of coins. I still remember playing this game and still love to play this game. One of the originals and will always be one of the best.

Sega Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic basically made Sega for his perfectly spiked blue hair incredible running ability. One of the funnest games around and the best Sega ever made. Sometimes he ran so fast he went out of the screen and you had no idea what was going on. Definitely one of the best games ever.

Nintendo 64 - NFL BLitz Still and ever will be the best football game ever created. From dropping elbows to picking up a player and chucking him 30 years this game rocked. I remember one sleepover where 4 of my friends each picked 10 teams and played until they all lost. Yes I was the champion I only needed one of my teams to beat all the rest. At college Sean Stanley beat me once in probably 50 games and he celebrated like he had just won the lottery. Till this day I will play anyone, anywhere in this game.

Sega Dreamcast - NCAA FOOTBALL 2K2 The most realistic and enjoyable game made by Sega. The gameplay and graphics were amazing. BYU was really good in the game as well. Playing in Lavell Edwards Stadium and taking your team to the Rose Bowl was awesome. Nate Waddoups and I played the entire season along with the 2002 BYU team. We ended up #1 in the nation and played Florida State in the Rose Bowl. I swear til this day the computer cheated. We lost that Rose Bowl not once but 5 times atleast. We would be about to win the game and we'd fumble or throw a crazy interception. Not to lose the final game we would turn it off without saving and play it over. Probably one of the most rollar coaster seasons of my life.

The reason I write this is my wife has got me addicted to probably the oldest video game in history. PACMAN. That's right PACMAN. How a dot eating cheese head can be so fun has amazed me. Brianne started out killing me in a 10 game serise 10-5. She also held the high score for a week. I perfected my skills and now she bows down to the champion. I have won the past two 10 game series, 10-6, 10-5. My high score is 65,010. If you have some spare time to kill here's the website, but be careful it could take over your life.
http://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/pacman_flash/

6 comments:

Kim said...

Super Nintendo Tetris... I drool just thinking about it.

Kim said...

Haha- also, I just read Nate's comment from below. We really don't spend all day drooling, as our comments would suggest...

Nate said...

Jeffrey,

I think the developers of NCAA College Football for the Dreamcast did their homework on BYU. BYU is always right at the point of glory and fame, but can never get over the hump.

jeffandbrianne said...

Pacman..."I HATE this game. I'm never playing it again!" And then you find me playing it again...haha. You rock and I suck.

Ryan Friden said...

I really like the list. Here are a few others that I like: Tecmo Bowl, Mike Tyson's punchout, Contra, and Double Dragon.

Also, I agree with what Nate said about BYU...we can never win the big one.

Nate said...

Nice additions Friden. Contra was so awesome. That game is pretty much the only reason I'm friends with my brothers.