Sunday, January 4, 2009

Skiing!

Ready to go! That's me in the yellow and Jeff in the blue if you couldn't tell. Haha.
EARLY in the morning before heading up to the mountain. Yes, we were all very tired.

Dave, Kari, and I convinced Jeff that we should waste some money and spend half a day skiing. It was so fun! I was the only who had never really skied before (that one time in 8th grade when I traded my friend my snowboard and she gave me her skies and then left me up at the top of a blue without a clue how to go down it doesn't reallly count, haha) but Dave and Jeff were very good teachers and I caught on pretty fast. We went to Pebble Creek outside of Pocatello and I had a really good time...until the wind started blowing so hard it burned. It got to be something like -6 degrees and it was beyond miserable towards the end of the day. But I'm still glad we went! I think I could really get into skiing. But we'll have to wait to start that hobby until we have money and then I think we'll only go in November and March when its less likely that we'll lose our fingers and toes.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I am glad you guys had fun skiing. My first time skiing, I tore my ACL and haven't been back since. It's too scary now. :(

AO said...

Gotta love that picture of you Brianne....seriously, love that you can't see one inch of your face. And glad you fared better than me.... the whole Johnson clan knows about that experience...

kari said...

Yes, let's all win the lottery and head to the slopes.... when it's warm of course. :)

Kim said...

Hahaha... Brianne? Is that you hidden in the yellow coat and massive goggles?