Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wisconsin

This term has been a really fun one! In the nursing program, the spring term before you graduate is called Global Health and Diversity. This is when clinical groups go to exotic places like Australia, England, Ecuador, and Taiwan. But I didn't want to go abroad and leave Jeff at home for 6 weeks all by his lonesome. So I chose to be in one of the groups that stayed here. I chose to take the Integrative Healing clinical because I know the teacher and she is so much fun! I learned about a lot of different things including acupuncture, herbs and essential oils, massage therapy, chiropractics, spinal touch, reflexology, iridology, neurofeedback and much, much more. Very interesting stuff.

To end the term, we got to go to Madison, Wisconsin for four days to attend the AHNA (American Holistic Nursing Association) conference. Due to a grant that my teacher worked hard to get, we went for free. I was lame and didn't take very many pictures, but I have stolen some of my friend’s pictures from Facebook to share with everyone. There are still a couple of really strange ones that I'm hoping to get from someone. Enjoy!


The whole group of us at the capitol. Minus our teacher and the person taking the picture.
One night we walked around downtown Madison and came across this beautiful sight near the University of Wisconsin. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Not so sure about how I feel about being a part of a drum circle. Yup, drum circle :)

But then we thought, "Who cares?" and went crazy. Haha. It was actually pretty fun...and funny.
Synchronized swimming...at least an attempt at it.

I also took a golf class and a super easy research class so school was great for the past 6 weeks. But now I'm ready for a long summer!

1 comment:

Ryan O'Berry said...

One of my favorite authors lives in Wisconsin. I should have had you hunt him down for me and get him to sign my book.