Thursday, July 2, 2009

A House Full of Boys

For those of you who don't know this already, my dad got remarried in January. That marriage brought me three new step brothers. Yes, more brothers for me. That brings the total to: 8 brothers! It's fun to see peoples' reactions when I say that. Anyway...my dad, his wife, Becky, my two youngest brothers, and three new step brothers came to visit a couple of weeks ago. Wow. These kids are ages 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. Jeff and I had to rethink our desire to have 5-6 children when we realized how much food it takes to feed them. I went through over two loaves of bread when I made french toast one morning. Insane.

These poor boys had been saving their money for a month so that they could go to Seven Peaks. And then...it rained. Actually, that's an understatement. We went to the park anyway cause we thought we could handle the rain. But after about 45 minutes, there was thunder and lightning and a torrential downpour. Jeff said it right when he said it was like a bomb went off. People started screaming and running every which way in an attempt to get out of the storm. Of course, with lightning, we got kicked out. Fortunately, they got their hard-earned money back. This picture DOES NOT do the weather justice. It was crazy!They got to stay through Father's Day which was fun because I haven't been with my dad on that day for a few years. I was, once again, very bad at taking pictures. But we also went camping up Hobble Creek Canyon where it was BEAUTIFUL. It reminded me of good 'ole Oregon. And we played a lot of football :)

It was fun trying to squeeze seven more people into our tiny two bedroom apartment. Thanks for coming guys!

1 comment:

kari said...

2 loaves of bread? Holy cow. When I fix french toast we go through...um...about 4 pieces. haha

I guess having girls when it comes to food is less expensive.. but I promis clothes and jewelry and everything else makes up for it!

haha