Sunday, June 29, 2008

First Anniversary

Today is our first Anniversary! Jeff is a complete stud and planned the most fun weekend ever for us. We stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Logan and having never been to one before, we were blown away by the room. We stayed in Aphrodite's Court and I loved it! I'll just say that I was jumping up and down and running around the room in excitement. We had dinner at The Coppermill which was decent and then had the BEST ice cream EVER at this little old place called Charlies. Yum!

When we woke up Saturday morning, we found the Logan River trail and went for our weekly long run. The trail started as a packed gravel road right next to the Logan River and it was just beautiful. Then all of sudden the trail turned into this teeny tiny lane through a massive uphill jungle. It was quite the experience. Eventually it turned back into a gravel road and we were thankful for that. After rolling my ankle a couple of times, tripping, watching Jeff freak out over seeing a snake (hahaha), and being barked at by a ferocious dog, we still completed the 7-miler a few minutes faster than we planned for.


Next on the schedule was Lagoon. So fun! The first time I ever went on a roller coaster was in Disneyland last year on the last day of our honeymoon and I'll admit, I'm quite the baby when it comes to heights. This year I improved. Yes, I still whined about having to go on a couple of the rides, but I had fun on all of them. Jeff was disappointed because Wicked was shut down after about 45 min of standing in line. Lame. But, it was a VERY fun time and a VERY fun weekend. I love you Jeff! Happy Anniversary!

Oh, and today we also enjoyed the top of our wedding cake. Frozen for a year and it still tasted great...very rich, but great.

2 comments:

kari said...

Jeff is romantic! Make him do that every year. I will have to hear more about the run- too funny. See you tomorrow!

AO said...

That TOTALLY is the same room Ryan and I stayed in for our 1 year anniversary And I admire you guys for even getting up to run on your anniversary weekend. That's awesome about the snake though.