Friday, July 11, 2008

THE DAY I BECAME SHAQ


As many of you know, my height has never been one of my strong points and so I resorted to playing sports with my brain instead. In basketball I played point guard and gave the ball to others to score which I had no problem with. But there comes a weird time in a man's life that he just wants to know how it feels to dunk the ball. After this desire, hoops came with adjustable levels to lower it to seven feet which allowed me to play for hours with my buddy's in the front driveway. Well Saturday I decided to just live one of those dreams and grab the rim on my old hoop (it's about 18 years old). I don't know if I became Shaq or what but I recall jumping up and grabbing the hoop and then the entire hoop came crashing down onto my back. No injuries were obtained from my short body but it was probably one of the funniest events. Where's the camera when you need one? It was nuts just plain nuts--the hoop snapped in half cause of the years of rust.

2 comments:

kari said...

This was VERY funny coming from the eyes of someone who saw it fall.

AO said...

That is TOTALLY hilarious...I wish I could have been there. Maybe you should have tried for the NBA draft :)