Thursday, July 24, 2008

THE DARK DARK NIGHT












VS




















Well all those fans which read this wonderful blog know that I watch a lot of movies. My wife and I try to see about one a week (beauty of the dollar theater) and I swear every Monday and Friday people at my work ask me two questions: What movie did you see? and What movie you going to go to this weekend? Not to my control, I did wait for a whopping week before I had the chance to see The Dark Night. I was getting a bit nuts. Everyone I was talking to loved it, saying it was incredible and I the movie guru, who has his own movie review on a blog, hadn't seen the movie of the summer. I called it to be the movie of the summer back in April and it did not disappoint. Us fans make it so hard for these blockbusters to live up to the hype we give them and The Dark Night did. The last movie to do so in my opinion was Transformers. I feel that a great movie no matter the length makes you want more. After two hours and thirty minutes of amazing storyline and great action with a little mentally ill Joker (whom I loved) I still wanted more. Heath Ledger was absolutely amazing and was so clever at playing his part you felt like the Joker really existed and he just pissed you off. Batman, as always played by Christian Bale, was great. I really enjoyed the, in fact I thought it was awesome when I think back on the movie. I highly recommend it for everyone thats 13 and older. Not a movie to take a child too unless your crazy, but great great film.

2 comments:

AO said...

Someday Ryan and I will see this movie. I'm worried if we go, I'll go into labor and miss the ending :) but maybe that's a good thing. Everyone I have heard liked it, thanks for your reviews buddy. You remind me of my old friend at work, every week they saw a new movie, so I always got reviews from her.

kari said...

The joker was great huh? He did exsist to me during that 2 1/2 hours! Without giving too much away to those who haven't seen it, I related Batman to a lot of good forces in life. I LOVED the line " I will be what they need me to be." Great line