Saturday, February 28, 2009

That's Right, We are Number One

Disclaimer: I have nothing against UVU. I think it's a great school and I totally would have gone there if I wasn't accepted into the BYU nursing program.

But...I do have something against people who scoff at me for being in the BYU program instead of the UVU nursing program. What's that about?! I've heard numerous times from people (mostly people who don't have a chance at getting into the program at BYU) that UVU is just SO much better. Jeff's heard it at his work as well. In fact, I think there is this one chick who talked to him for quite a while about all the reasons why BYU sucks compared to UVU. I don't get it. I mean, it's BYU people!

Anyway, I got an interesting email from the Dean of the BYU College of Nursing. For those of you who don't know, the NCLEX is the test that students have to take to become an RN. So here's the email in a nutshell.

NCLEX PASS RATES IN THE STATE OF UTAH FOR 2008:

Number One: BYU with 91% pass rate
Number Five: UofU with 86% pass rate
And Number freakin TEN: UVU with a sorry 82% pass rate


And might I add that both Utah and UVU came in after Salt Lake Community College and Provo College. So to all you people who think I'm not as smart or cool or whatever because I go to BYU, I would just like to say, "EAT THAT!"

7 comments:

Candice said...

this made me laugh, haha. "and number freakin TEN!!!" It's so true. =)

Jennifer said...

hahaha!

AO said...

You are preaching to the choir for me Brianne. That is hilarious. People "diss" BYU for so many reasons, it's pathetic.

Krista said...

BYU rocks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. Just goes to show BYU is superior is everything they do. Hmmm...I wonder who might be on their side???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ah, the truth hurts, doesn't it 'Administrator.'

Such that my respectful but truthful comment had to be removed.

It's okay. You just keep telling yourself what you need to.