Monday, February 2, 2009

TV SHOWS

Since my wife and I have not yet entered into the world of parenthood, our posts are always about our event-filled busy lives. If that bores you I apologize and return to the blog in 4 years when we will begin our journey of creating 6 little ones. Christmas 2007, my wife bought me the best gift any guy could ask for: TIVO. I have used that more than any other gift in my entire life. Because of TIVO, I have been able to watch shows that have interested me at my own pace and my own time. I wanted to give you a quick of review of the shows my wife and I are watching. and sometimes just me.

LOST (both of us watch it): We have bought all the seasons, and I was hooked from the first showing. Has to be the best show I have ever came across. So much to the story with the best character development ever. Every show keeps you thinking, "Holy Crap that was nuts".

The Bachelor (both): As a man, I will blame this on the wife. She was the one that forced me into another season of A-Man-Says-He-Is-In-Love,-Gets-Engaged-and-Then-Breaks-Up. I think in the 13 seasons of this show, only one Bachelor/Bachelorette has gotten married to the guy/girl she chose. I admit that you kind of get sucked in, and as a guy, it's not that bad to watch multiple hot girls.

True Beauty ( just me): It's pretty funny! I can't believe how self-centered these people are about their looks. Yes, I like to look good, but man these guys are nuts. My favorite part is when they find out its not about looks but the way they are treating other people and feel absolutely stupid.

Real World Brooklyn (just me): Before you all gock at how I watch this sometimes trashy show, I became interested when a Mormon Frat Boy from Salt Lake City is one of the roommates. So far Mormonism has been brought up quite a bit and Chet is holding strong with his beliefs, and I think he's doing a great job of showing that Mormons can have fun without lowering their standards.

America's Best Dance Crew (both):
I like dance shows. What else can I say? I look forward to So You Think You Can Dance in the summer and this show is pretty cool. Hip Hop Dancing and crazy moves keeps this one in the TIVO.

The Office (both): Simply put, it's the best comedy show of all time (Seinfeld has to be lowered to #2). If I only could watch one, this would be it.

The BIGGEST LOSER (both): I don't know why I really like this show. I guess its because I am into fitness and I do like seeing the workouts. Before-and-after shows are out of this world. All the crying aside (which seems to happen tons for fat people, I guess), the show is pretty good.

It seems like a heck of a lot of TV when I list them all, but TIVO cuts the shows basically in half. I would probably only watch 1 or 2 if I had to watch all the commercials. Also TV entertainment is free and a fun time with the wife. Anyway I dig the shows and you should check some of them out if you aren't already.

8 comments:

AO said...

This post made me laugh.... Ryan also has several shows he is into, some the same as you. Ryan did say the Office episode yesterday was very funny and that I need to watch it. TV is just so boring to me overall.

Whitney said...

I watch most of those also!! But I've never watched Lost and I never really got into The Office. True Beauty is hilarious! Those people think there pretty hot!

Kim said...

Haha... I don't think "boughten" is a word. Crazy Idaho schools... :)

Krista said...

First of all, 6 kids?! You just wait, Jami always said she was having six and she is lucky she got to 3. Haha! You guys will be my heroes. Anywho...a lot of those I don't watch. I love The Biggest Loser (and actually know Sione because he dated one of my friends while we were at Ricks.) I love The Office too! Classic! I will have to check out True Beauty. Especially since Joe is always at work or school...

kari said...

The few hours I find for TV I wouldn't watch most of those- I do LOVE the Biggest Loser of course, never scene the office or Lost- Alias was WAY better.

I like anything on TLC and more so Discovery Health- love that channel.

So You Think You Can Dance still is #1 for me

Ryan Friden said...

That's funny that you started watching True Beauty, so did I. I can't believe CJ (the black dude) got kicked off last week. He was my favorite.

Kim said...

You changed it! I was trying to show Nate, and now he thinks I'm making it up! Boo hoo...

Nate said...

I'm a huge office fan and I don't understand all of the hype behind 30 Rock. I've watched a few episodes and they are lame in comparison to the office.