Saturday, January 16, 2010

Capstone. Finally!

The end is near. Very near. Wahoo! In just over three months I will have my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Words cannot explain how excited I am. Seriously, I've been waiting for April 23, 2010 to come for 5 years now. I love BYU and all, but man, being done will be the BEST!

I'm doing my Capstone (aka final semester) at Orem Community Hospital's Women's Center. This is wonderful for 4 reasons:

1. I've only heard great things about this hospital
2. It's a two minute drive from my house. Yay!
3. I don't have to wear my lame BYU uniform anymore. I can wear whatever scrubs I want. Trust me, this is an exciting thing for us students.
4. The unit includes Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, the nursery, and NICU (a very small NICU, but still...) all in one area so I get to be a part of it ALL!

I met my nurse preceptor today. She'll be with me for the 17 shifts I have to do throughout the semester. When we met she told me the last 5 students she's had in their Capstone were pregnant by the end of the semester. Hmmm...I'm planning on breaking that chain. Hopefully it's not some kind of funny curse.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Yay! That's exciting. That sounds much more fun then changing old peoples diapers and sheets. HaHa I'm so excited for you. Hopefully it will go by fast!

AO said...

Love the new layout of your blog. And Jeff was telling me about your capstone...that is SO exciting. I remember counting the days to graduation. WAHOO!

Krista said...

Hooray! Congrats, Brianne! It's so close. I remember those days. You will love being finished and on to something else.

Anonymous said...

Fun for you! It is sooooo nice when you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. And I hope you are successful in breaking that curse. :)

Kim said...

Haha... I say you keep the curse going :) That's so exciting that you're almost done and finishing at such a good place!