Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cutest Country Song

If you've read the previous post, you know Jeff's been gone since Wednesday night. Well I can only think of one good thing about not having Jeff around for a few days: I get to listen to country radio in the car. I used to be quite the country fan, but I must say being around Jeff has lessened the love. So I was driving home from work tonight and heard the absolute cutest country song on earth. Just listening to it made me love Jeff more :) I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of you have heard this song already, but it was a wonderful first for me. It's called "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice. If I were a little bit more computer smart, I would somehow put the song in this post. But since it's past midnight and I don't have Jeff to help me, I'll just post the lyrics to the first verse and the chorus:

"They called them crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy"

"He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yea that’s crazy"

"Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy"

Seriously, this is so cute to the music.

And while I'm on the topic of good country songs, another absolute favorite of mine is "Little Girl" by John Michael Montgomery and Alison Krauss. Oh my gosh, I get chills just thinking about that song. I remember my mom making me listen to it in the car a long, long time ago and it was the first time I ever cried about a movie, song, book, or anything like that. I was embarrassed back then, but the song still hits me pretty hard every time. If you haven't heard that song, you HAVE to. And you have to really LISTEN to the words. Gomusicnow.com has really cheap downloads, like for 7-20 cents per song.

Anyway, anyone heard these two before?

No comments: