Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Now We Get To Play the Waiting Game

For the most part all of the PA schools that I applied too this past year have let me know whether I am accepted or not. I have interviewed at 5 schools and I thought I would give you all a little bit about each one and the town we would live in. Basically I wanted to give you an update on the whole process. I will list them in order of my choice of attending.
1. Marietta College - This was my last interview and it turned out to be the best. They have a great program and I loved the town. It reminds me of a little old restored town. They have a river that runs through the town and a awesome authentic downtown. Living is extremely cheap and when I went there it just felt right. Krista it is three hours away from Cedar Point which also is a plus. I find out TODAY if I get accepted. I really can't wait and the anticipation is out of this world.
2. Western Michigan University- Western is located in Kalamazoo Michigan. Just saying you lived in a town with that cool of a name is worth attending. It is one of the 12 original PA programs in the country and has alumni all over the country which is a great positive. I liked the atmosphere and organization of the program. Find out in February.
3. Central Michigan University - I already found out from them. I was placed on the alternate list (somebody that got accepted has to give up their seat). Great small town and I loved the interview a lot. Would be very fun and great to attend there.
4. Barry University Florida - My wife would really like the weather here that is positive. When I went for my interview it was 70 degrees and multiple students from Florida were saying how cold it is lately. I had to laugh at that. The program is decent and would provide me with a great education. Also Golf is year round and has some of the best in the world. Also great parks everywhere from Disney World, Universal, Knotts. You name it Florida has it. Find out in February.
5. Western University of Health Sciences - Don't get me wrong. If Western was the only school I got in I wouldn't hesitate at all from attending. It is in California and they do have a good program. Just wasn't as impressed as the four others. Hopefully I don't have to go here but I don't want to be too picky. Find out in March.
All in all this process has been extremely tiring and exciting. I think when we get accepted somewhere it will be the happiest days of both our lives. I will be sure to let you know the updated news when I do get accepted somewhere, hopefully.

2 comments:

AO said...

This was a great summary. I hope you get to find out YES to all 4 left ;) and then you have choices....but either way, we are praying for you!

Krista said...

Good luck, Jeff! I can't wait to hear where you are going. I am voting for #1...just cause it is so close to Cedar Point. You guys would LOVE that place! And of course, I could come visit! ;)