Thursday, January 14, 2010

PA Schools Update

Well once again it has been awhile since I have treated my blogger followers with an update on my exciting life. As many of you know I have decided to pursue a Master's Degree in Physician Assitant Studies. To become a PA you must to attend graduate school and pass a certifying exam (PANCE). This past summer I spent hours and I mean hours applying to 35 schools. Updating you on the current situation of being accepted into those schools is as follows. I have been invited to 5 interviews so far. The schools are Central Michigan (Michigan), Western University (California), Western Michigan (Michigan), Marietta College (Ohio), and Barry University (Florida). I only have attended two of the interviews so far and have 3 in the next 2 weeks. Needless to say I will be spending a lot of time in the airports, renting cars, and nights in cheap hotel rooms. This past week I was placed on the alternate list for Central Michigan. It was a bummer since I really liked that school a lot when I went there but now it depends on those accepted in they decide to accept their seats or open up spots for us alternates. Most likely I have to move on but I am still holding hope for CMU. Western University will let me know in March if I am accepted and who knows when the next three I will. This whole process has been one exciting yet stressful time. Brianne says it might be the happiest day of her life when we receive my acceptance letter (crossing fingers). We love BYU and our apartment but we are ready to move on in our lives. I have been in my undergrad since WW2 I swear and am ready to go to graduate school by attending PA school. I bought a new suit for the interviews so I thought I would post some of my professional modeling pictures. I was actually offered thousands of dollars but turned it down. Its just not the life I want to live. Anyway, you can be 100% positive that I will blog about being accepted when I find out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, you're funny babe. Love ya. Good luck tomorrow!

Krista said...

Lookin' sharp, Jeff! Joe just got two new suits for his new calling. Good luck with all the interviews. I am hoping you guys go somewhere close to Ohio so you can to Cedar Point...best coasters ever!!

Whitney said...

Nice suit! I like it. Good luck with the rest of your interviews. I will be excited to hear where you end up.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! Looking forward to hearing where you will end up.