Monday, February 11, 2008

In Memory of Gordon B. Hinckley



Recently we have mourned with peace the passing of one of the greatest mans to live on this earth. Gordon B. Hinckley one of our favorite if not the favorite prophets of this dispensation passed to the next life to be with his wife and continue his hard work. Many of you have multiple experiences when he has inspired you to become a better person or allowed the holy spirit to testify of his calling as a prophet of god. We wanted each to share one of our experiences we had with him.

Jeff's - I attend BYU and I'm blessed to hear from many general authorities but when President Hinckley came the lines were absolutely crazy. This time I remember I was with my friend Ryan Friden, way at the top of the Marriott Center. I'm sure girls and sports were most of our conversation since then we both were single and we worship BYU sports. All of a sudden the crowd went silent and the spirit testified to me in my heart that a prophet of God was in our presence. Gordon B. Hinckley walked in the Marriott Center and from then on my testimony strengthened that he spoke for God on earth as a true and living prophet. I will miss you President Hinckley

Brianne's - During the BYU vs. UofU football game my freshman year, I was watching with my roommate and another friend on our dorm floor. My roommate's parents were at the games as well and had called us to tell us that President Hinckley and Monson were both at the game in the box seats located about ten rows behind them. Since this was really my first chance to ever get close to the prophet, we decided to go to where her parents were sitting at half time to see if we could get a glimpse of them. When we first arrived, neither Hinckley nor Monson were to be seen, so we stood around for a few minutes and waited. Eventually, they did come back and, of course, President Hinckley immediately began waving around to the crowd. He stopped waving for a couple of seconds, and then he looked straight in to my eyes and smiled and waved at me. He did the same to my two friends. It was amazing. I was instantly embarrassed because I started to cry, but I turned to look at my two friends and they were crying as well so I didn't feel like as much of a dork. It was a moment I will never forget. When he looked into MY eyes and smiled and waved at ME, there was no doubt that the Prophets of the Lord truly love each and every single one of us. It made think how much our Heavenly Father and our Savior must love us...incomprehensible.

No comments: