Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Husband Can Cook!

This semester, Jeff and I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights up in the BYU Salt Lake Center. We leave the Provo Campus around 4pm to get to class on time at 5pm and one class typically lasts 2 1/2 hours, so we have to eat dinner up there--especially on Thursdays 'cause Jeff has two classes in a row aka he gets out at 10pm! However, as we are a poor married couple, we cannot afford to eat out both nights plus on our weekend date night. To save money, I cook Tuesday and Thursdays dinner the night before and then we take it up with us and microwave it. Yeah, not that great...but you do what you gotta do. Well, last night, I was SUPER busy and SUPER tired and didn't have time to make tonight's dinner. Of course, that got me stressin' a little.

Since he hates to see me stressed out, my wonderful husband decided that he would come home early from school today before we left for SLC and make dinner for us for tonight. Now, I usually enjoy cooking (except for when I just plain don't have time to--like last night), so I'm the cook in the 'family' and don't mind it that way at all. So don't freak out when I say that tonight was the first night Jeff has cooked dinner for us since we've been married. It was great. After class I was so excited to put my little Tupperware full of Jeff-cooked food in the microwave and eat--seriously, I WAS excited! He did an awesome job but the best part was that I didn't have to do it. I couldn't believe how happy it actually made me!

So now Jeff has dinner-duty every other night...

No, I'm kidding about that. I wouldn't make him cook that much. But I just want everyone to know that MY HUSBAND CAN COOK!

3 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Well I guess my mother did teach me something.
jeff

AO said...

That is so great Brianne. I agree... Ryan has made me dinner a few times and it is HEAVEN! Even if he made me cereal, the secret for me is just not having to cook! What did Jeff make? Way to go little bro!

jeffandbrianne said...

He made hamburger patties with cheese on top, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Yum.