Sunday, August 10, 2008

BYU FOOTBALL PREVIEW: DEFENSE

I have to first apologize for the longing readers that have checked hourly for the past week for my BYU Football Preview. I had finals this past week and it took up my life, sorry. This week the defense steps up on the stand to be judged. Over the last two years the D at BYU has restored what it once had. Bronco has one important stat he uses and thats points scored. The yards given up are important but you keep the points off the board you win. Seems simple, and BYU has dominated the last few years in this category. Take off the Tulsa debacle and BYU had an incredible defense last year. Losing all of our secondary and 3 of our linebackers to graduation will hurt but I don't see the defense missing that much of a beat. Bronco proved last year BYU should be a reloading program and it won't be any different this year. Our defensive line is the deepest its been in years with all starters returning and with the return of Tialavea we should be even deeper. The rest the Defense (linebackers, secondary) I expect to reload. If injuries come like a plague then we could be in trouble but who wouldn't be. I expect a Top 20 D this upcoming year. They should get plenty of help from the offense and the kicking game so don't expect many opponents to get above 20 points a game. My grade B+ Here is a list of some players to keep an eye on.Jan Jorgensen #84

Vic So'oto #37

Brandon Bradly #5

No comments: