Friday, August 29, 2008

In Memory of Robin Rasaka


Two years ago today I answered a phone call in the middle of grocery store only to hear the worst news of my life: my mom had passed away in her sleep early that morning. It seems like it has been TEN years since I've seen my mom, but it's amazing how the Lord blesses and comforts you during life's trials. I know I wouldn't be doing so well if I didn't have a testimony of eternal families and it makes me so much more grateful for the Lord's Holy Temples and the sealing power that is found within.


Here are the top 5 things I have missed since she's been gone:
1. Lying in her bed at night and watching chick flicks and eating chocolate.
2. Going to McGrath's for dinner after a day of shopping together.
3. Her cooking, her decorating, her craftiness, her organization, etc. Basically everything that made our house the Rasaka home.
4. Singing to loud country music (mostly Keith Urban) while driving in the car with her.
5. Calling her whenever anything went wrong in my life and having her tell me it'll be okay. Also calling her whenever anything went right and having her congratulate me.

I wish there was a phone line to Heaven so I could call and chat with her now and then but that would just make life too easy. My mom was the best and I love her dearly. I've been blessed to have her in my life for 19 years!

2 comments:

AO said...

Thanks so much for this post Brianne... though my mom is still around, there are definitely people I wish I could call in heaven.... I can't wait until we see each other again!

Krista said...

What a sweet post, Brianne. I enjoyed reading about the memories you love. Moms are wonderful!