Thursday, October 30, 2008

HALLOWEEN CRIES FOR MOVIES

Halloween to me is about movies, movies and more movies. For one, we dress up like we are in the movies. Second, who wouldn't want to star in a horror film. There is something about this holiday that is just awesome. Watching hundreds of kids walk from door to door just for a piece of candy is quite the tradition. Who wouldn't want to be known as the guy who thought that one up? Last week I looked up on my TiVO (best invention ever, no joke, worth every penny) for movies coming on in the next two weeks. After seeing both "I know What You Did Last Summer's, all 3 "Screams", 5 "Halloween's" and 4 "Freddy Kruger's" I knew Halloween was upon us. What a day to the scare the crap out of us. There is something about that rush of adrenaline that gets the body moving. My wife says I get scared more than she does during movies but I put on "When a Stranger Calls" and she's quivering. I watch basically anything but Exorcist stuff. No desire to mess with that crap here.

Here's My Top 5 Scary Movies
5. The Eye - One of the best most recent ones. Jessica Alba (a reason to go right there) stars as a woman who gets eye transplants to see again. Maybe she didn't want them after all. This one had my dad, Ryan O'berry, and myself literally jumping off the theater seat.
4. Mothman Prophesies - Great flick, based on true events that are pretty creepy. Well told story of bizarre events that keep happening.
3. Sixth Sense - Definitely the best the first time, but still a great freaky flick. A little boy who sees dead people. What more can you ask?
2. The Ring - Love the story of this one. Love the acting and suspense as the 7 days are counted down. When you think its over it's NOT!!!!
1. Amityville Horror - I am talking about the most recent remake of it. Get it edited and you are in for a rush of horror, hence the name.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I've turned into a chicken in my old age. I used to love movies like this, now I will take the romanic comedy...or suspenseful/action.

Krista said...

*romantic comedy...I hate that you can't edit your comment after you post it.

Anonymous said...

Scary movies...blah!! My mind plays tricks on me and swear every piece of furniture in my house turns into Freddy Krueger.

Marge' Mom said...

Brianne, hi I'm new to blogging and have been looking at Shelby's friends. How are you? and you dad and brothers? please give them my best, Shelby said that Jeff was recently sick I hope all is going well! OK the main reason for this comment is I love a scarry movie on Halloween (but mostly only on Halloween) this year we watched Others and the skelton key, loved them both take care loves Marge'