Sunday, October 26, 2008

SUSHI MUST BE RECKONED WITH

Does that picture make you gag or desire more sushi? It is a question we all have to face at least once in this life. Sushi has many rumors spread about it. Raw fish eggs, eel sauce, and much, much more. However the choice is ours whether to believe them or find out for yourself. About 3 years ago I was taken to a restaurant in Provo called "Happy Sumo". It carries other food but its specialty is sushi. I wasn't paying--those summer salesman were in heat recruiting me for summer sales--and I will always accept a free meal. I figured since I was not paying, it was worth a shot. Acting like a mature adult who has tried sushi thousands of times, inside I was about to puke. After sticking the piece of crab wrapped in seaweed with a little rice in to my mouth I was quite surprised by my desire for more. I liked sushi that night and sushi has only grown into being a big part of my life. VEGAS ROLL is my favorite and you can't go wrong with a little Vegas. A friend and I try to go to all you can eat sushi about once a month. Now after much persuasion my wife is a sushi fan as well. This past weekend my sister Kari picked "Tepanyaki" a Japanese grill and sushi bar for her birthday meal so add her to the list. My mom and dad tried it that night and actually liked it as well. My desire is for all you out there who haven't tried sushi and are still believing the false rumors, sushi can change your life like it has me. When you're feeling down and depressed, GRAB A SUSHI ROLL!!!!!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I have to say...the picture makes me want to gag. I have never tried sushi, but it doesn't sound good. I hate seafood. What does it taste like? The rumor I have heard is that the texture is the thing you have to get over. One of my friends in AZ has sushi parties.

kari said...

I seriously can now understand why most of my friends in Utah are CRAZY about sushi! Forget the stir-fry at dinner--- next time I am going all out SUSHI- and Krista.... Dave and I want to treat you and Joe remember?

jeffandbrianne said...

Krista, I HATE seafood too but seriously, if you get the right kind, then it really is quite tasty. You gotta try it. Oh, and this is coming from one of the pickiest people out there :)
Brianne