Friday, October 31, 2008

Two Thumbs DOWN for the Haunting of Molly Hartley


This movie deserves an entire post rather than just a simple review in the margin. Tonight Jeff and I celebrated Halloween by going to the theater to see the new scary movie, "The Haunting of Molly Hartley." I'll admit, we were really entertained until the last 5-10 minutes. The story was interesting, spooky, and seemed to be going somewhere. However, the "scary movie writers" failed again. It's like they can never (or I guess almost never) figure out how to end the stinkin' thing.

They had this story going about how Molly was dead when she was born but her parents sold her soul to the devil in order to give her 18 years of life. Apparently, she was supposed to become some evil demon on her 18th birthday, therefore her mother was trying to kill her before then to save her from becoming something horrible. It was really quite entertaining. But the ending was shocking. People were laughing and booing when the credits came on. No joke!

So since I know most (if not all) of you hate scary movies and won't go see this one, I've got to tell you how incredibly stupid the ending was. Basically, all the religious people ended up insane or dead while the "devils angels" ended up having a seemingly fabulous life of immortality. I don't get it... I guess you probably have to see it to fully understand, but save your money. It's not worth it.

2 comments:

AO said...

What a bummer for you, especially since I know you like scary movies, unlike me :)

Kim said...

So, I hate this movie and I haven't even seen it. You know that part in the previews where she looks in the mirror and suddenly becomes evil demon chicky? Ok, well I seriously have to close my eyes when I pass the mirror on my way to the potty at night now... I think scary movies should be outlawed. Glad to hear it wasn't worth watching.